Thursday, March 5, 2015

World Book Day is today March 5, 2015

J.K. Rowling, Malala, and Nelufar Hedayet at the Festival
In October, Malala spoke at the Edinburgh International Book Festival about the importance of books and education for all children. She was introduced by Harry Potter series author, J.K. Rowling. Below is what Rowling had this to say about Malala: "Malala is an inspiration to girls and women all over the world. It is a real honour for me to introduce her at the Edinburgh International Book Festival."
After being introduced by Rowling, Malala was interviewed by Nelufar Hedayet. Below are some of Malala's quotes about the importance of books and education:
My story is the story of thousands of children from around the world. I hope it inspires others to stand up for their rights.
If we want to see the next big change (of every child going to school) we need to become the change ourselves and bring the change.
More information about Malala and World Book Day can be found here.
Her interview can be found here.

Labels: , , ,

Comments posted to the Go Big Read blog are moderated. We reserve the right to edit or delete comments that include any of the following:

1. Offensive or inappropriate language
  2. Personal attacks
  3. Copyrighted materials used without permission in cases where permission is required
  4. External links and/or comments that are not relevant to the original post

1 Comments:

Anonymous Jenna Smith said...

Two leaders at one place. I am big fan of both. I appreciate the struggle and fight of Malala. Girls can learn a lot from her. I support her words about the girl's education, so wake up gals, read, learn and fight for challenges.

March 24, 2015 at 7:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home